Rhinoplasty – Nose surgery
Nose surgery, or rhinoplasty, is sometimes referred to as “nose reshaping” or a “nose job.” It can improve the appearance and proportion of your nose, or correct a breathing problem associate with the nose.
For Oculoplastic surgeon Dr. Amiya Prasad, ski slope noses are not acceptable. He performs rhinoplasties that are well suited to the face according to its proportions. No two noses are alike and therefore every client requires an individualized aesthetic approach.
Rhinoplasty improves the appearance and proportion of your nose, enhancing facial harmony and self confidence. Surgery of the nose may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural abnormalities in the nose.
Enhancing your appearance with nose plastic surgery
While the shape of your nose is usually the result of heredity, the appearance may have been altered in an injury or during prior surgery.
What can surgery of the nose accomplish?
Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nose size, in relation to the other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that is large or bulbous, drooping, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
A rhinoplasty procedure is a good option for you if:
- Your facial growth is complete and you are 13 years of age or older
- You are physically healthy
- You do not smoke
- You have specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance