Restylane is a crystal clear gel that is injected into or just under the skin in small amounts. It it used especially for the treatment of wrinkles and lines by restoring both volume and structure to skin. Restylane is based on hyaluronic acid, similar to the body’s own hyaluronic acid. The hyaluronic acid in Restylane is non-animal which means that no skin tests are needed and that there is a minimal risk of allergic or hypersensitive reactions.
Fine lines on the upper and lower lip, that are not severe enough to require laser resurfacing, smooth and fill out nicely with Restylane. Fine lines, deeper wrinkles and folds in the cheek areas (nasolabial, melolabial and lines at the corners of the mouth) also respond well to the treatment.
Areas Treated by Restylane
- Upper face (frown lines, worry lines, eye brow)
- Middle face (crow’s feet, tired eyes, nose, cheek augmentation)
- Lower face (nose to mouth lines, smoker’s lines, lip lines, smile lines, sad mouth corners, lip enhancement, chin augmentation)
- Skin rejuvenation (face, décolletage and neck, hands)
Benefits of Restylane
- Contain no animal protein — Limits the risk of animal-based disease transmission or allergic reactions
- No allergy testing required before use
- Safe — Hyaluronic acid based
- Long-lasting results up to 6 months
- Natural, non-permanent beauty product
- Does not affect facial expression or facial movement
After Restylane Treatment
Depending on the area treated, most folds and wrinkles require only one treatment. The repeat maintenance treatment is not usually required for approximately 6 months or longer. By experience, these products last almost twice as long as regular collagen injections. A touch-up can be performed any time you like after the previous treatment.
After Oculoplastic surgeon Dr. Amiya Prasad performs your Restylane and/or Perlane injections, normal activities can be resumed immediately. Discomfort is minimal. The treatment site may have a little swelling or redness, which may last a few hours. There may be some slight bruising which can be covered with make-up. Depending on the area treated, corrections can last up to 6 months or longer. If the lips are treated, initial swelling and tenderness may occur within the first several days, but subsides after 2-3 days.