Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is fast becoming one of the most useful natural treatments for rejuvenation throughout the body. Most recently, PRP’s benefits in aesthetic medicine have been discovered and the long list of its benefits continues to grow.
Cosmetic fillers are a popular way to rejuvenate the face, lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve scars. While there are several great filler products on the market, PRP offers a truly organic alternative with faster results. Since the patient’s own blood is used to rejuvenate their appearance, using PRP also alleviates the risk of allergic reaction or skin sensitivity.
The procedure helps restore or enhance areas which require volume. PRP can be used for the following:
- Diminishing the glabellar lines, also known as the number 11 sign between the brow
- Diminishing forehead lines
- Improving the appearance of periorbital lines, also known as crow’s feet
- Diminishing nasolabial folds
- Reducing smile lines
- Treating acne scars
- Improving the vertical lip lines, also known as lipstick lines
- Improving the marionette lines (the ones from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
PRP contains growth factors which stimulate the body to repair and restore tissues using the body’s own natural processes. With this technique, you can rejuvenate the skin by isolating elements from the blood which can then be injected below wrinkles, folds and even acne scars.
The benefits of PRP as a cosmetic filler is the ability to help your skin heal faster, no allergic reaction and faster skin rejuvenation for a longer period of time.